Homemade No-Churn Frozen Yogurt Recipe
It’s already summers and heart yearns for everything that is chilled and cool. What else could be better than homemade, no-churn frozen yogurt dessert, which is low-fat and delicious! I know what you are thinking, low-fat yet delicious, how is that even possible? Yes, it is and I am going to share this chilled dessert recipe for summers which requires no fancy gadgets or elbow grease to make you sweat even more. So, take a chill pill with this ice-chilled dessert recipe for lemon-lavender frozen yogurt.
Frozen Yogurt – The New Age Ice-Cream
Ice cream don’t kill me over this! I know there are many serious ice-cream lovers around here who have an undiluted love and dedication towards the traditional frozen dessert of ice-cream. However, just hear me out for once. Do you get guilt pangs after every scoop of that rich and creamy ice-cream served at your favorite ice-cream parlour? Or, do you pledge to spend another 15 minutes extra on treadmill after enjoying an indulging bite of sundae?
If so, then I am here to offer you a guiltless pleasure which is both healthy and super lip-smacking. It has everything nice which can be ever magically imagined from a bowl of dessert. Here’s how frozen yogurt is actually good for your body:
- It Contains Good Bacteria. Yes, you heard me right. This homemade frozen dessert is made out of yogurt which is most probably the healthiest version of milk. It is probiotic and contains good bacteria which is extremely good for the guts.
- It Has No-Sugar. Again, no-sugar means lesser carbs. That means lesser calories and even lesser guilt-pangs to bother you later.
- Natural Flavors. No artificial flavours used as we want to use the best of natural ingredients in our recipes. I have used Lemon juice and Natural Culinary Lavender Extract from SPRIG which gives me the perfect balance of flavours for this summer dessert recipe. I haven’t used any artificial colours as I didn’t want to give it ant artificial look. You can use various seasonal fruits for this frozen yogurt recipe like Strawberry, Blackberry, Mango, or even Bananas.
- No-fuss Recipe. For this frozen dessert recipe, no machine is required (except your regular refrigerator, of course!) Yes, it is possible to make healthy frozen yogurt recipe without an ice-cream maker. Simply whisk some Greek Yogurt (specifically Greek Yogurt or hung curd as it is thick and less watery which would give the creamy texture) with your choice of flavour and allow to chill for next few hours. You can use homemade Yogurt as well for this recipe, read how to make homemade yogurt at home.
Here’s how we make perfectly healthy frozen yogurt recipe at home.
- 4 tbsp Greek Yogurt Fresh and thick
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp SPRIG Extract of Natural Bourbon Vanilla
- 4 nos. Honey-Oats Cookies
- Rainbow Confetti For Garnish
How To Make Frozen Yogurt Filling:
Use fresh Greek Yogurt only. If you do not have any in your pantry, then take some of the regular yogurt and place it in a muslin cloth over a sieve. Let this stand for overnight in your refrigerator so that the whey gets separated. This way you get thick yogurt for this recipe.
Take this yogurt and mix it with Honey and SPRIG Vanilla Extract. Now, pour this into a Tupperware box or Cake Tin and allow it to set in your freezer just like an Ice Cream.
Once your Frozen Yogurt is set. Get ready to assemble your dessert. Take a Honey-Oats Cookie and place a generous scoop of Frozen Yogurt on it. Place another cookie on its top and press to make it like an Ice Cream Sandwich.
This is perfect for single serve dessert. Repeat this with another pair of cookies for 2 serves of this Icebox Cake.
Prepare your batch of Frozen Yogurt as instructed above.
Take a dozen Honey-Oats Cookie and coarsely pulse them in your food processor. Add 4 tbsp of melted Butter and mix it.
Now, take a flat-bottom glass dish of any shape. Put half of the cookie crumble in it and flatten it at the bottom with the back of a spoon.
Now, put scoopfulls of Frozen Yogurt and make a thick layer on the layer of the cookie crumble. Make it at least 2 inches thick. Now, spread rest of the cookie crumble on its top and quickly spread it evenly before popping it back into the refrigerator. Let it set for an hour.
Before serving, take it out and cut in into pieces. You may serve it with a drizzle of honey and chopped fresh fruits with a side of fresh cream.