My favourite Chocolate Walnut Cake recipe in a mug!
This chocolate walnut mug cake recipe is my favourite chocolate walnut cake in a mug! It has everything that can make you cosy and comfortable. This recipe for mug cake calls for a good quality cocoa powder, chopped walnuts and 20 minutes of time, that’s it.
I am a big fan of the combination of Chocolate and Walnuts! I think they make an amazing combination for a dessert. I have a Chocolate Date Walnut Loaf Cake on my blog, which has been quite popular among my readers on Facebook.
This time, I have made that same recipe in a mug. This is strictly no-sharing-dessert which you can make for you and your partner. Plus it limits your calorie intake since it is portion controlled.
This walnut stuffed chocolate cake always reminds me of my childhood favorite, ChocoWalnut Loaf Cake from Monginis or Mio Amore. It was an evening indulgence which I would often get to enjoy with my parents.
Imagine my excitement when I was able to perfectly recreate that in my own kitchen. The only change I made was to reduce the amount of sugar. We prefer mildly sweet cakes, so often my cakes use a limited amount of sugar. However, if you prefer your cakes sweet, then please go ahead and add another tablespoon of sugar.
Unlike other chocolate mug cake recipes, this is oil-based and low-fat cake recipe. On top of this, it is a one-bowl recipe. All you have to do is bring together all the ingredients in a bowl and make the cake batter.
You can take any cups or mugs for baking this cake. I have used classic coffee cup from Homecentre for baking these chocolate mug cakes. This is a perfect evening snack or even makes an amazing breakfast-on-the-go!
Few more recipes for Mug Cake Recipes for the cake lovers
- Christmas Plum Mug Cake Recipe
- Vanilla Mug Cake Recipe
- Carrot Mug Cake Recipe
- Lemon Mug Cake Recipe
- Tiramisu Mug Cake
This chocolate walnut mug cake recipe is my favorite chocolate walnut cake in a mug! It has everything that can make you cozy and comfortable. This recipe for mug cake calls for a good quality cocoa powder, chopped walnuts and 20 minutes of time, that's it.
- ⅓ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1½ tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder Hershey's
- 4 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp Refined Sunflower Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Sugar Optional - if you prefer sweeter cakes
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 4 tbsp Walnuts Chopped
- Pre-heat the oven at 170°C
- Prepare the mugs for baking by brushing them with oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients and sieve them.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg till fluffy. Then add the sugar and oil and whisk again till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the dry ingredients in 2 parts alternating by milk and gently mix everything together. Add the chopped walnuts
- Divide the batter in 2 mugs and bake till done. It will take somewhere around 17-19 minutes.
- Once done, take them out and let it cool.
📌 Pin this Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe for later!