Best Tiramisu Recipe: Cheat Recipe For Dessert Lovers
This recipe is an easier rendition of the classic Italian dessert, Tiramisu which includes layers of Savoiardi biscuits filled with filing made up of Mascarpone Cheese. My simpler version of the classic Italian dessert recipe includes alternatives to some of these ingredients which are not readily available in our pantry, when our heart is consumed with an urge for some ‘Pick Me Up’ dessert.
Some research and encounter with some of the top chefs helped me with this cheat version of classic tiramisu which has time and again proved to be a fool-proof in every sense.
Believing that baking is a stress-buster, I have always emphasized that with very few utilities at home, one can create magic in the kitchen. And, this easy dessert recipe is a proof of it.
Step-by-step easy recipe for Tiramisu
I have made some notable changes into this classic Italian dessert, making it 100% doable for even those who are new to baking. This is a beautiful and an absolutely delicious sweetdish which totally deserves to be made at your kitchen. So all the Italian dessert traditionalists out there, please pardon me for making these changes. And all the baking beginners, you are most welcome for this recipe.
Got no Savoiardi Biscuits? I have replaced Savoiardi biscuits with Plain Vanilla Sponge Cake, which can be easily baked at home or bought from stores. You might have seen Tiramisu recipes calling for Lady’s Finger biscuits, with Vanilla Sponge Cakes, it makes the recipe completely doable at home at almost anytime!
Are you looking for easy tiramisu recipe without mascarpone? Hung Curd or Greek Yogurt is an excellent substitute for Mascarpone Cheese. It gives the exact same taste and a brilliant texture to the filling without calories.
Or, are you looking for easy tiramisu recipe without alcohol? This Tiramisu Recipe has no alcohol as I have omitted Kahlua as well so that kids can enjoy this lovely dessert.
For those who are looking for easy tiramisu recipe without eggs simply replace the eggs in the Vanilla sponge Cake (I have included the eggless version in my Vanilla Sponge Cake recipe) and Gelatin with Agar Agar for the assembly of this dessert. For Gelatin – Agar Agar conversion, simple use equal amount of Agar Agar flakes for the Gelatin used in the recipe.
With few other tweaks, I have been able to make and present this dessert to my friends and family on numerous occasions and helped myself garner a lot of attention with the same.
Here, I am sharing the made-from-scratch recipe where we will make each of the elements of this classic Italian dessert and assemble it in the end.
📌 Pin this Easy Tiramisu Recipe for later!
My simple tiramisu recipe includes alternatives to some of these ingredients which are not readily available in our pantry, when our heart is consumed with an urge for some ‘Pick Me Up’ dessert.
- 1 cup Cake Flour That is, 1 cup All Purpose Flour which includes 2 tbsp. Corn Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Odorless Refined Oil
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Milk
- 2 tbsp. Greek Yogurt or Fresh Hung Curd With absolutely no whey
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream Chilled
- ¼ cup Warm Water
- 2 tsp. Gelatin Powder
- ¼ cup Hot Boiling Water
- 2 tsp. Instant Coffee Powder I used Davidoff. Nescafe is good.
- Dark Cocoa Powder to Dust on Top
- Take a mixing bowl and whisk the eggs till fluffy and almost double in volume.
- Add the granulated sugar and whisk till dissolved.
- Take another mixing bowl and sieve the dry ingredients together.
- Add oil and vanilla extract into the egg-sugar mix and whisk till smooth.
- Fold in the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients in three parts. Loosen the batter by adding the milk alternatively.
- Mix till incorporated. Do not whisk vigorously.
- Pour the batter in a greased and dusted cake tin, and tap it hard on the kitchen surface 2-3 times to knock out any large air bubble trapped in the batter.
- Bake it in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes at 190c or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Take the cake out and allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes in the cake tin.
- De-mould it and allow it to cool down completely on a wire rack.
- Soak the Gelatin in Warm Water and allow it to bloom. That is, allow it to soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk the Greek Yogurt in a mixing bowl till it softens.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the chilled Whipping Cream till soft peaks. If you are using unsweetened cream, then add 3 tbsp. Caster Sugar along with the soaked Gelatin and whisk till it dissolves and develops stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the Yogurt in the whipped Cream without knocking out the air.
- Prepare the coffee liquor by adding the coffee powder in the hot boiling water. Keep it aside to cool down completely.
- Take the vanilla sponge cake and cut off the top dome to make it uniform and smooth.
- Slice the cake horizontally in three thin slices and keep them separate on a kitchen board.
- Take the serving dish where you want to allow the Tiramisu to set. Line the base with a slice of Vanilla sponge cake. Take the coffee liquor and brush it throughout the slice of cake so that is nicely soaked.
- Add almost 1/3rd of the Tiramisu filling that we prepared and spread it evenly on the top of the cake layer.
- Repeat this process till you reach the top layer of the filling. Make the top smooth with a palette knife or back of a spoon and allow it to set in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Before serving dust some cocoa on the top and then slice.