This easy & eggless Strawberry Tart recipe what you need to make yourself a fancy dessert, without breaking a sweat. All you need is a couple of simple ingredients, which I am sure is already there in your pantry and an hour of your time. Make the best use of the season’s fresh Strawberries to make this custard-filled tart, topped with fresh strawberry slices.
In this recipe, we will make tart shells from scratch along with the custard cream filling. This recipe for a strawberry tart with vanilla custard creams needs basic pantry ingredients like All-purpose Flour, Butter, Sugar, Milk, Cream, etc.
This recipe is perfect for those family brunches and get-togethers where you need to present a fancy dessert, without spending much time behind your kitchen counter.
How to make the perfect Shortcrust Tart Shell?
This Pie Crust or sweet Tart Shell recipe is one of those recipes which you should probably stick at your refrigerator door if you bake dessert pies too often! I am serious when I say that it is just too hard to come across recipes that are absolutely fool-proof every time you use them.
Sometime back I baked a couple of tarts, tartlets and pies. I found this recipe quite good as it would be good to make two pie shells. So if you have big plans for baking, then try this eggless pie crust recipe. By the way, there is a regular sweet pie crust recipe with egg, which is rich and delicious. Get the recipe here.
Ingredients for Eggless Tart Shell recipe
- All-Purpose Flour – This is a normal pie crust recipe where I have used regular All-Purpose Flour (APF) or Maida
- Butter – I have used chilled salted Butter to make this pie crust. While making the dough, we need the butter as chilled as it could be. Since I am using salted butter, I would skip adding extra salt to this dough
- Sugar – This is a slightly sweet pie crust recipe, so I am going to use a couple of tablespoons of granulated sugar
- Water – To bring the dough together, we would require a very small amount of chilled water.
That’s it. The list of ingredients for the tart shell recipe is very small and pretty simple. Only one thing we need to take care of is to maintain the temperature of the ingredients and keep it cold at all times. If at any point you see your butter melting or your dough sticking, just pack everything on a tray and cool it in your refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
As a recipe blogger from Delhi, I can guide you by keeping my local situation my mind. I can also try and include several other scenarios. However, in the end, it is you who knows what works best for you. You know your weather and the temperature of your kitchen on the day you plan to bake a tart. So, use your judgement.
I have often seen many people complain about the baking temperature. I often say this that no two ovens are the same! Each appliance is calibrated in a different way. So, before you bake a dessert like this, get to know your oven well. Bake a couple of cakes and you would know more about the temperament of your oven.
How to make a Strawberry Tart with Custard Cream filling?
Next step in the making of this strawberry tart recipe, would be making of the vanilla custard cream filling. Here, I have quickened the process by using Instant Custard powder. All I needed was 2 cups of milk and 1 cup of fresh cream, along with sugar and custard powder to make this Vanilla Custard Cream.
Now bringing together this dessert is simple. Slice 2 boxes of Strawberries and keep them ready. Once the tart shell has been baked and cooled, fill in the custard cream filling and line the top with the strawberry slices.
Some other easy Tarts & Pies recipe:
- Lemon Tart Recipe
- Eggless Strawberry Galette Recipe
- Mini Strawberry Tart Recipe
- Fruit Mince Pies Recipe
This eggless Strawberry Tart recipe what you need to make yourself a fancy dessert, without breaking a sweat. All you need is a couple of simple ingredients, which is I am sure is already there in your pantry and an hour of your time. Make the best use of the season's fresh Strawberries and make this custard-filled tart, topped with fresh strawberry slices.
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Butter Cold
- 3 tbsp Water Ice Cold
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Milk To brush the Tart Shell
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Fresh Cream
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Vanilla fkavour Custard Powder
- 400 gms Strawberry
- Take a bowl and mix flour and sugar together.
- Add the cold butter cut in small cubes.
- Now, break the butter using the finger tips while mixing it with the flour mix. Keep doing this till there are no bigger lumps of butter left.
- Now, add water, one tablespoon at a time and bring everything together into a dough. Once you see everything coming together into a big lump, stop kneading. Do not over mix.
- Cover the bowl with clingwrap sheet and refrigerate for 20 mins for it to rest.
- When you are ready to bake, pre-heat the oven at 200°C.
- Roll the dough gently on a floured surface into a circular disc of quarter-inch thickness.
- Roll it over the rolling pin and gently transfer it on your tart pan.
- Line your tart pan and prick the base and the inside edges using a fork. Freeze it once again for 15 minutes. Before baking brush some milk over the tart shell.
Pop the tart pan in your oven and bake it at 200c for 5 minutes and bring down the temp to 180c and bake it for 15 minutes till the edge shrinks and turns golden. The base would also appear to be dry.
Bursh a thin layer of jam on the warm tart shell and bake it for a minute or so to allow it to dry. This would ensure that the tart filling doesn't make the shell bottom soggy
- Allow it to cool on a wire rack and then use it for your pie or tart recipe.
Follow the instruction on the back of the pack. Usually it is to heat the milk and cream with sugar, take a small cup of it and mix the Custard Powder in it and then add it back. Stir it continuously till it thickens.
Take it off the heat and cover the custard with a cling wrap with it touching the surface of it so that it doesnt make a film on the top.
Once it cools down completely, we are ready to assemble the dessert.
Chop the head off of the Strawberries. Now slice them breadthwise.
Take your Tart shell and fill it with the prepared Custard filling. Smoothen the top of it.
Now take the Strawberry slices and arrange them around the circumference of the tart. Decorate the top of the tart in the same manner. Otherwise, you can be as creative as you like.