Love for Cakes & everything with Nuts & Fruits
I love a nicely made moist and loaded fruit & nuts cake. So much so, that this is my second post on my blog. Really, you ask? Yups, I already have a Nut Cake Loaf recipe here on my blog. It is healthy, slightly less sweet, no-butter and loaded with dry fruits recipe.
In that post, I have also shared some simple Baking hacks & techniques for those who are new to baking cakes at home. So, read my Healthy Nut Cake Recipe & Baking Tips for Beginners post.
How to bake the best fruit cake ?
Well, its easy! I follow my basis Vanilla Cake Recipe. It is easy and runs in the proportion of 1-2-3. Meaning, 3 cups of Flour, 2 cups of Sugar and 1 cup of Oil. It is the basic of most of my cake recipes.
So, here is the 1-cup Flour Cake recipe that is perfect for baking at home. This size is manageable and most often fit in the cake tins and loaf pans we have at home usually.
View this post on Instagram
Best thing about this cake is you can totally play around with the variety of nuts and dried fruits that goes in this cake. You can use Cashews, Raisins, Sultanas, Cranberries, Walnuts, Pistachios, Hazelnuts, apricots, dried figs and whatever else that catches your fancy. Or, whatever that needs to be finished from your pantry. I often end up baking this cake in the month end when I have bits & pieces of dried fruits left. In this way I can use up the leftovers before re-stocking them with the fresh batch of dried fruits & nuts.
This cake is amazing as a mid-day snack or an evening snack for the kids. We prefer this cake for breakfast with a cup of strong black coffee. The crunch of nuts coupled with the mild sweetness is just perfect to give a nice headway to our day!
If you make this cake, then do not forget to share it on Instagram and tag me @speakingaloud_hashdiaries
This Fruit & Nut Cake Recipe is loaded with dried fruits & nuts that make this super healthy and makes it perfect for mid-day snacks. This is perfect for kid's snack box
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour With 2 tbsp of it replaced with equal amount of Cornflour
- 1/3 cup Refined Oil
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Chopped Mixed Fruit & Nuts Cashew, Almonds, Raisins, Cranberries, Walnuts, Sultanas, Pistachios, etc.
- Take a bowl and mix all the dry ingredients together. Sieve them through and keep them aside.
- Now, in another bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt, till light and almost 3 times in its volume.
- Add oil and vanilla extract to the eggs and whisk them vigorously till light and airy.
Now, add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with milk and mix gently. Once you see that the dry ingredients have incorporated nicely, stop mixing.
Fold in the chopped nuts & fruits in the cake batter.
Now, pour the batter in a slightly oiled and floured cake tin and bake it at 180c for 40 minutes. Once you see that the cake has baked and the sides are pulling back from the edges, you know that it is done.
- Take it out and allow it to cool in the cake tin for 10 minutes before turning it upside down on wire rack to cool down completely.
- Serve this cake as it is or drizzle it with a glaze. Or, if you are feeling fancy then you can frost it with whipped cream or cream-cheese frosting.