My Kitchen’s Gastronomic Tool: Bengali Garam Masala or Gorom Moshla
If you have been following my recipes then you would see Garam Masala is probably the most used spice. This all-spice mix is almost like my own secret weapon to delicious and tasty dishes. And making this spice- mix at home is almost a child’s play.
It just so happens that every family has its own Bengali Garam Masala powder recipe. Mine is a bit more inclined towards Shahi Garam Masala powder recipe. A couple of additional ingredients give this spice mix recipe an edge over others.
Actually this post doesn’t even need a definitive recipe because there isn’t one! It is just so simple to make your own jar of Bengali Garam Masala within few minutes. It’s one of those DIY recipes that I often do at my end, rather than just buying them off the supermarket shelves.
Another recipe that I have live on this recipe blog is DIY Chili Sauce recipe that needs just 3 simple ingredients.
However, just so you can save and print the recipe for your later use, I will give it in a recipe format.
Some of the recipes where I have used this Bengali Garam Masala or Gorom Moshla are these:
- Basanti Pulao | Bengali Sweet Pulao Recipe
- Chicken Rezala Recipe
- Kanchkolar Kofta | Bengali Green Banana Kofta Curry Recipe
- Bhuna Khichuri│Bengali Spicy Mung Bean Pilaf Recipe
- Anda-Kheema Bhurji | Egg-Minced Chicken Stir-fry Recipe
- Dhaba-style Punjabi Dal Makhani Recipe
- Cholar Dal Recipe│Bengali Chana Daal Recipe
- Doi Maach | Bengali Fish in Yogurt Curry Recipe
- Chirer Pulao | Bengali Poha Recipe
- Amritsari Murgh Makhni Recipe
- Niramish Alur Dom│Bengali Potato Curry with Peas Recipe
This all-spice mix recipe is completely Gluten-free and Vegan. It uses organic whole spices and mixes them into a fragrant spice-mix so perfect for all sorts of Indian as well as Asian curries.
- 1/2 cup Green Cardamoms
- 1/4 cup Cloves
- 1/4 cup Cinnamon pieces
- 2 nos. Black Cardamom
- 1 Nutmeg
Dry roast the ingredients on a skillet for 3-4 minutes or bake them at 180c for 4-5 minutes.
Allow them to cool completely.
Once done, grind them into a fine powder. Store this spice mix in an air-tight container and use it over the period of time. It has an amazing shelf life and stays fragrant in an air-tight container for over a year.