Homemade Yogurt Making Process
Have you been buying your stock of Yogurt from the market? How about making some easily at home! Wow, did I scare you already?
I know many of you have had a terrible experience in the past with making yogurt at home. But let me tell you some of the things which might go wrong and ruin your experience. So that next time you can totally avoid those mistakes and get a delicious bowl of homemade yogurt.
Basically, this isn’t a recipe post but more of a discussion post where I will be listing out the tricks of making perfect homemade yogurt.
How To Make Yogurt At Home?
If you come to think of it, how difficult it could be turning your milk into yogurt! Well, let me tell you, it isn’t at all. To get the desirable result, all we have to do is to take care of some basic points and you will get yourself whey-free Greek yogurt.
- First and foremost, use good quality milk with high fat content level is best milk for making yogurt. The more the fat content in the milk, the thicker the yogurt will turn out to be.
- If you do not have full cream milk or high fat content milk, then you can reduce the milk by boiling it for some time. Let it get thicker with lesser amount of water in it.
- Use a clean glass bowl to set the yogurt. Ensure that it is free of any residue or dishwashing detergent in it.
- Choose a warm place in your kitchen or dining space to allow the yogurt to set.
- Cover it and leave it undisturbed for 3-4 hours on a hot day. If you think that climate isn’t as hot as it should be then you can leave it overnight at a warm place.
- During winters, you can use your Microwave Oven to provide a warm place for your yogurt to set. Pre-heat the oven and then switch it off before placing the yogurt bowl in it.
Honestly, I have read people putting a green chili in the milk before allowing it to set for a yogurt, I have never found that necessary.
Coming back to my yogurt love, I confess to my affinity to a wide range of varieties in it. Mishti Doi or Bengali Sweet Yogurt is something that can be found in my refrigerator at all times. It is a sweetened version of yogurt which is often enjoyed as a sweet-dish after meal.
Another addition to my chilled pantry these days is a crate of flavored Epigamia Greek Yogurt. For past few months I have been using these as a meal between meals, so thought of sharing my review for some of the flavors offered by them.
I am a particular fan of their Epigamia Snack Pack range of Greek Yogurt. All you need to do is to take off the Granola pack and add it to the Yogurt cup beneath it. Mix it up and enjoy! I like their range of Greek Yogurt in unique flavors like Vanilla Bean, Blueberry and Green Apple. It is smooth and creamy which is also good for smoothies and fruit bowl, if you are looking for better alternatives than milk or cream.