মসুর ডাল রান্নার রেসিপি | Superfood Masoor Dal aka Red Lentil
Masoor Dal is probably the most nutritious dal in an Indian kitchen. from kids to elderly, everybody can include this in their diets for its high nutritious value.
A glimpse of the benefits of Masoor Dal
- Easily digestible – This dal is absolutely light on our stomachs. So, if someone is recovering from serious ailment, they should definitely include this in their daily diet. This Masoor Dal recipe is a must-have for them as it has no spice and uses a drop or two of oil.
- Rich in protein – Lentils in themselves are a powerhouse of protein. Those who are looking for plant-based options to include protein elements in their diet, they should concentrate on lentils.
- Beneficial to lactating mothers – Red lentils are extremely beneficial for the lactating mothers. it provides them with nutrition to produce enriched breast milk for their infants.
- Infant meal idea – Once the baby is 6 months old, its time to introduce lentils and grains to them. Most doctors prescribe Lentil Soup or Daal ka Pani (दाल का पानी ). Boil 1 tsp of red lentil or masoor dal in 100 ml of water till the lentil is cooked completely and it looks like a soup. It is a wonderful and nutritious supplement to infants, a better substitute to plain water.
- Quick meals – Red lentils cook amazingly quick. Even if you don’t own a pressure cooker or an Instant Pot, you can still make this masoor dal in a saucepan.
Quick & Easy Indian Dal Recipes
Dals are often an integral part of Bengali home cooked meals. Apart from Red Lentils or Masoor Dal মসুর ডাল, Split Pea aka Arhar Dal or Toor Dal is also very popular. I have some Indian lentil recipes on my blog for you to try.
- Arhar Dal with Onion-Tomato Spice Mix | Spicy Bengali Split Pea Dal Recipe
- Arhar Dal | Bengali Split Pea Dal Recipe
- Dhaba-style Punjabi Dal Makhani Recipe
- Cholar Dal Recipe│Bengali Chana Daal Recipe
- Kacha Aam Dal | Bengali Green Mango Dal Recipe
- Rajma Masala | Kidney Beans Curry Recipe
This musur dal recipe is the simplest of all, all you need is merely 10 mins of your time to get this sorted. Have you tried any Musur Dal recipe at your end? Drop in a comment below, or follow me on Facebook or Instagram to connect with me.
Masoor Dal or মসুর ডাল is probably the most nutritious dal in an Indian kitchen. from kids to elderly, everybody can include this in their diets for its high nutritious value.
- 1/4 cup Red Lentil or Masoor Dal
- 1 cup Water
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tsp Mustard Oil
- 1/2 tsp Nigella Seeds or Kalo Jeere
- 2 Green Chilies
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
Add lentils, water, salt, turmeric powder and a drizzle of mustard oil in a pressure cooker. Cook it till it whistles 3-4 times on high heat. Turn off the heat and let it cool down on its own.
Heat Mustard Oil in a pan or wok. Add nigella seeds and slit green chilies till it splutters.
Now, pour the cooked lentils in the tempered oil and allow this to boil. Adjust the consistency of the dal as per your taste. Normally, this dal is preferred to be a bit runny. Check for salt.
Sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves on the dal and turn off the heat.
Serve with rice.