Instant Tiramisu Trifle Recipe
You know that I am all for quick and instant recipes. You would find me very rarely toiling hard in the kitchen for long hours as I am more about smart-cooking! So, this Cocoa-Mocha Tiramisu Trifle recipe is a huge saviour for those days when you have a bunch load of guests at your place and absolutely no clue about what to serve for dessert.
Summer Gourmet Dessert with SPRIG Jar of Bliss – Mocha and Cacao
If you have made Tiramisu at home then you know it involves quite a number of fancy ingredients and stretches along a process that requires quite a few hours in hand. Starting from baking Ladyfingers to assembling the entire dessert, it isn’t something that can be done at the very end moment.
Although I already have a cheat version of Classic Tiramisu Recipe that requires no Kahlua, Mascarpone cheese or fancy Ladyfingers. It is a complete made-from-scratch recipe and you can check out the recipe here.
But this Tiramisu Trifle recipe is a complete game-changer. Not only it saves you from going through the laborious process of baking and making, but it gives you single-serve dessert which looks amazing on any party dinner table. And, my mantra for such a quick & easy dessert recipe is SPRIG’s Jar of Bliss – Mocha & Cacao. This is a rich & luscious combination of Caramel, Chocolate and Coffee, all packed together as a blissful bundle of flavour.
However, you can use any other chocolate spread you have, instead of Mocha spread for this recipe.
In case you want to get some for yourself, buy one online and try this recipe for the next get-together you plan at your end.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour With 2 tbsp of it replaced with equal amount of Cornflour
- 1/3 cup Refined Oil
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs For eggless version, use 2 tbsp of Yogurt
- 4 tbsp Mocha & Cacao Spread from SPRIG
- 1/4 cup Chilled Whipping Cream Unsweetened
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cream
- Take a bowl and mix all the dry ingredients together. Sieve them through and keep them aside.
- Now, in another bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt, till light and almost 3 times in its volume.
- Add oil and vanilla extract to the eggs and whisk them vigorously till light and airy.
- Now, add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with milk and mix gently. Once you see that the dry ingredients have incorporated nicely, stop mixing.
Now, pour the batter in a cake tin lined with parchment paper and bake it at 180c for 20-25 minutes.
- Take it out and allow it to cool in the cake tin for 10 minutes before turning it upside down on wire rack to cool down completely.
Beat the chilled whipping cream till stiff peaks
in another bowl, mix the mocha & cacao spread with fresh cream and heat in a microwave for 10s. Mix it well till the consistency loosens.
Now, take your serving glasses and cut out the cake in the size of its base. Cut another to make layers of the dessert. keep them aside.
Now, line the base with a slice of cake. Pour some of the mocha & cacao spread on the top of it. Now, take a tablespoon full of the whipping cream and spread that generously. Adjust the quantity as per your serving dish.
Now, gently place another slice of the cake and repeat the steps.
Once you have filled the glass and reached the top, you can give it a neat finish by leveling the top, or pour a few drops of the spread and make swirls with these.
Chill these till you are ready to serve. By the time you take them out, you will notice that the cakes have soaked in the choco and mocha flavors.
There are few points that can be kept in mind for this recipe. I urge to bake the cake at home. My recipe is lightly sweetened and hence balance the sweetness of the recipe in the end.
Also, I used unsweetened whipping cream and didnt add any sugar to it as the Mocha and Cocoa spread is amply sweet in itself.