I love Mushrooms and I think this is a great plant-based source of protein. Very aptly this has been called “vegetarian’s meat”! This Schezwan Mushroom recipe is yet another quick and hassle-free stir-fry dish that can be done in no time at all.
If I find a tub of mushroom, that too at a good bargain, then there’s no stopping me. And that is exactly what happened to me last time when I went for my grocery shopping. Still, imposing some self-control, I picked up two packages of 200 gms each. The best part is no one in my house protested that because we are a family of shroom-lovers!
If you need to look up for benefits of Mushrooms or how to clean & cook Button Mushrooms, click here.
Also, there is Mushroom Jhal Deva Recipe which beautifully pairs mushrooms with mustard seeds gravy.
I paired Schezwan Mushroom with Garlicky Udon Noodles. It is a basic noodle stirfry recipe. I chopped up some garlic and Onion in fine pieces. After sweating them in oil, I added the boiled Udon Noodles and some freshly cracked Peppercorns. That’s it. The best thing about Udon Noodles is that they are flat noodles and apart from soups, they make excellent stirfries.
Few more easy Mushroom Recipes from my blog
So, here’s how to make Schezwan Mushrooms
I love Mushrooms and I think this is a great plant-based source of protein. Very aptly this has been called as "vegetarian's meat"! This Schezwan Mushroom recipe is yet another quick and hassle-free stir-fry dish that can be done in no time at all.
- 200 gms Button Mushrooms
- 1 Onion Large Finely chopped
- 7-8 Cloves of Garlic
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Schezwan Sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 3 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 tsp White Sesame seeds
- Wash and clean the mushrooms. Slice them uniformly. Add the Cornflour to the mushroom slices and coat them well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan with a spread base. Place the sliced mushrooms in the oil and let it fry.
- After couple of minutes turn them around so that they get fried at the other side as well. At this stage add the chopped garlic and onion in the pan.
- Season them with salt and pepper.
- Mix the Schezwan Sauce and Ketchup in a bowl and dilute it with 2-3 tbsp of water. Pour this in the mushrooms and stir everything well on medium-high heat. When you see the liquid has been absorbed, turn off the heat and serve. Top it with some lightly toasted White Sesame seeds.