West Bengal Tourism Destination for Leisure Travels – Sobujbon Eco Resort
If you are also like me who spends the entire year looking for top travel destinations just for this season, come aboard. I think we can plan an outing together. If you are looking for a weekend getaway destination from Kolkata, then I have a fantastic location in my mind, Sobujbon Resorts near Shantiniketan
Looking for Eco Resorts near Kolkata?
Get away from the hustle and bustle of the city for few days and get your soul rejuvenated once more. Tucked away from the chaotic city of Kolkata, Bolpur is a town to look out for. It has an aroma of peace and tranquility among the commotion of a small town, in the air. Take a train from Howrah Station, the one of the three railway stations serving the magnanimous city of Kolkata, and reach Bolpur within 4-5 hours.
An ornately designed Shantiniketan railway station with Terracotta installations will welcome you with its open arms. Strike a deal with the taxi players waiting outside, please mind to pay nothing more than Rs. 300/- and you will get the entire car for your ride. Now, just sit back and enjoy the leisure weekend getaway because you are going to enjoy the next few days entirely in the lap of nature with limited access to GPRS and D2H at Sabujbon Resort, Shantiniketan!!
While you are there, soak in the fresh air of Bengal countrysides as much as you can. If you are an early riser, you may find company in the waddling ducks during your usual morning walks. From the resort, you can see the nearby village where people are pretty friendly and if you manage to strike a conversation, they will let you in their lives and tell you everything about the place.
The Sobujbon Eco Resort has a number of pukurs or ponds inside the premises. Around 20% of the entire area is covered by water bodies! Each of them are well maintained and are filled with local riverine variety of fishes.
If you into fishing then you might carry your rods with you. What you catch will be served hot to you!
Keeping in sync with nature, the Sobujbon Resort has been beautifully decorated using whatever available there. For instance, a piece of dead log was carved up into a piece of art. Similarly, the entire premises has been aesthetically modified by building upon what was already there!
Once the sun sets, you are surrounded by the mind numbing peace which in the beginning can be quite unsettling.
If you are like us, jostling through busier city lives filled with chaos and commotion, such quite ambiance might make you a bit puzzled. It’s not everyday that you get to hear crickets chirping instead of blaring horns of vehicles and jarring noises of the city!
Stay and Food at the Sobuj Bon Eco Resort at Shantiniketan:
Throughout your stay, you do not have to worry about clean linen and housekeeping, because it is very well taken care of by their trained and efficient staff. They have a common dining space next to their kitchen, at the center of their resort. Here, they serve fresh and hot food straight out of the oven! The food here comes cheap and in just a few dollars you can have a sumptuous meal!
Below is the wash basic which is a modified piece of log whose inside has been carved out. With a couple of attachments and fittings, this is perfectly functioning basin. Ingenious, right?
Once a part of wilderness, these ruins of the temples are now a part of the Sobuj bon Resort. As you walk around the place you will stumble upon these remains and what makes you happy is that these have been allowed to let be and add charm to this place.
Top things to do when you are on an outing!
While you might have been craving for an outing since eternity! But often it happens that we find ourselves at a loss when we are actually away from our otherwise mundane life.
I believe we can always make our family vacations interesting with some of the following options:
- STOP TRYING TO LOCATE THOSE MOBILE TOWERS IN YOUR CELL PHONES. Yes, you heard it right. Just junk those office calls and e-mails for few days. Let your mind recuperate for some time. It is easy doing all those things at a time, for such a long time. Even our brain gets tired and needs a complete shut-off.
- GET THE CAMERAS OUT! Take up photography. Capture the beauty around you. Not just scenic, but also capture the candid moments which would make this trip memorable in the coming years. You might have always wanted to take up photography as your hobby, this is the time. Make the most of it!
- PLAY CARD GAMES. Remember Uno? We all have suffered from the nasty +4 card at some or the other time. Or, get the Monopoly out from the attic. Simple Rummy should also be fun when you are spending an exclusive time with your family.
- START A NEW HOBBY. Well, I know this sounds weird, but yes, this can be possible. Go around collecting leaves and keep each of them separately in a book. Leave them to dry. Don’t forget to get their names while you are hunting for them, otherwise you would have to google for them later. If you are on a beach, pick varieties of pebbles and shells. Get on with some DIY projects and showcase them as your trip memorabilia.
- GET NOSTALGIC. Recollect your childhood stories when you would spend such family trips with your parents. This would make your kids feel connected to you. Catch up on all the lost times during the past year when everyone has been too busy to sit around with each other and share what’s happening in their lives.
Where to find Sobujbon Resort:
Plan a last minute travel escapade to Sobujbon resort, near Shantiniketan. You can ask anyone around at the Shantiniketan railway station and they will guide you through.
How to reach Sobuj Bon Resort:
While there are numerous options to get to Bolpur, train services are very quick and cost-effective. You may check out the train schedule online. You may also reach there by road. Rent a cab and follow the GPS system.
📌 Pin Sobujbon Eco Resort, Shantiniketan for later!
Follow us for more travel stories