World’s Best Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
This isn’t some gimmick when I say that this is the best vanilla cupcake recipe that you would ever come across. And, do you want to know what makes me so confident to assert that? It’s the simple fact that I have been using this recipe for over a decade now, and it has NEVER ever disappointed me.
And to be very honest, I should not claim the credits for this recipe. This was my grandma’s pet tea cake recipe which she would often bake on her annual trips to our home. I would restlessly wait for her to take out the cake out of the oven so that I could guess what it could be this time. She would often play around with flavors and ingredients. Mind you, that I am talking about those days when such gourmet range of baking ingredients weren’t easily available in India.
Now, can I confess something? It gives me immense pleasure that I learned and continue doing so from the best. Plus it gives me immense joy when she proudly says that I have learnt well!
Keeping all talks aside, I will give you top reasons to bake this best moist vanilla cupcake recipe over a weekend as you won’t ever need another recipe to bake some amazing cupcakes at home.
- Low-Fat Vanilla Cupcake Recipe: This vanilla cupcake recipe with oil needs no butter so automatically it cuts down the fat composition of cupcakes. As a result, this cupcake recipes for kids is good for all ages.
- Simple & Quick: It is a simple cupcake recipe for beginners is perfect to keep your kids active during their breaks. It’s easy to put together and doesn’t need many gadgets or sharp tools. Let them get the cake batter ready and in cupcake paper cups and then you can simply put these in the oven for baking.
- Bake & Store: These cupcakes store amazingly well in air-tight Tupperwares. Or, you can also use re-usable Zip Seal Bags to portion the cupcakes and store them. This eliminates the hassle of slicing a large cake and storing them in larger boxes.
As they do not contain Butter, they do not harden upon freezing or chilling. You can simply take them out and microwave heat them for 30 seconds before eating. Or, carry them as Office Snacks for that 4 o’clock hunger attack!
- Customize this Vanilla Cupcake Recipe as you like: You can always play around with this recipe. Add a handful of dark Chocolate Chips or chopped Nuts to make the cupcakes fun and interesting. Or, add some cocoa powder to get a rich and tasty chocolate cupcake recipes.
Now, I have a separate post on How To Bake A Vanilla Sponge Cake along with some Basic Baking Techniques. If you wish to give it a read, then check out this link.
** This article contains some affiliate links. These are products that I use and completely believe in its authenticity. If you make a purchase through this link, I stand to gain a commission from the affiliate marketeer, without any extra expense at your end.
This isn't some gimmick when I say that this is the best vanilla cupcake recipe that you would ever come across. And, do you want to know what makes me so confident to assert that? It's the simple fact that I have been using this recipe for over a decade now, and it has NEVER ever disappointed me.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour With 2 tbsp of it replaced with equal amount of Cornflour
- 1/3 cup Refined Oil
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- Take a bowl and mix all the dry ingredients together. Sieve them through and keep them aside.
- Now, in another bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt, till light and almost 3 times in its volume.
- Add oil and vanilla extract to the eggs and whisk them vigorously till light and airy.
- Now, add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with milk and mix gently. Once you see that the dry ingredients have incorporated nicely, stop mixing.
Now, pour the batter in a slightly oiled and floured cups. Fill till 1/3rd of each only. Bake it at 170c for 25-30 minutes. Once you see that the cake has baked and the sides are pulling back from the edges, you know that it is done. Time may vary for every oven so please take care.
- Serve this cake as it is or drizzle it with a glaze. Or, if you are feeling fancy then you can frost it with whipped cream or cream-cheese frosting.