This homemade Mango Coulis is the perfect way to enhance your desserts, add a tangy twist to your breakfast, or simply enjoy a spoonful of tropical mango goodness. Here I have shared an easy-to-follow recipe, along with some tips and tricks to help you create a luscious and versatile sweet mango sauce. So, let’s dive in and make some delicious homemade mango coulis!
How to make sweet Mango Sauce at home easily – Ingredients list
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
These simple and easily accessible ingredients will give you a flavorful mango coulis. To make it rich, you can add 2 tablespoons of butter to get creamy & delicious Mango Curd.
Step-by-step instructions for this delicious homemade Mango coulis dessert topping
- Preparing the Mangoes – To start, peel the ripe mangoes and remove the flesh. Chop the mango flesh into small pieces and discard the pit. Transfer the chopped mangoes to a blender or food processor. Blend until you achieve a smooth and consistent puree. Ensure there are no lumps or chunks left
- Cooking the Sauce – In a nonstick saucepan, combine the mango puree, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Stir the mixture gently to dissolve the sugar. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will allow the flavors to combine and reduce moisture resulting in the coulis thickening slightly
How to store & preserve the Mango Sauce or Mango Coulis?
As you cook the mango coulis and you notice that it has reached the desired consistency, remove it from the heat. Let it cool completely.
Once cooled, transfer the coulis to a glass jar or airtight container. Store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. Remember to label the container with the date for easy reference.
Serving suggestions for this deliciously sweet Mango Coulis
If you are looking for Mango Coulis dessert topping, then this recipe is perfect. It is bursting with flavors and is superbly versatile to inspire your culinary creativity. Here are some of my favorite ways to use up this Mango sweet sauce.
- Drizzle the mango coulis over freshly baked pancakes or waffles
- Use it as a topping for ice cream, yogurt, or panna cotta to add a burst of fruity flavor
- Swirl it into your smoothies or milkshakes to infuse them with the taste of fresh mangoes
- It’s the perfect recipe for mango coulis for cheesecakes, tarts, or pound cakes for a tangy and sweet contrast
- Add a dollop of this mango sweet sauce to your fruit salads or parfaits for an extra kick
The vibrant color and intense flavor of this mango sauce for desserts will undoubtedly impress your taste buds and leave your guests craving more. Enjoy experimenting by pairing it with different desserts and dishes, and don’t forget to share your creations with friends and family. Now, it’s time to indulge in the deliciousness of your very own homemade mango coulis!
In case you are looking for more interesting and delicious Mango recipes, here are a few from my Blog.
- How to Make Homemade Mango Frooti – Summer Drinks Recipe
- Breakfast Crepes with Mango & Ice-Cream
- Eggless Mango Cake Recipe with Mango Swirl Frosting
- Virgin Mango Mojito Recipe
- Mango Kalakand Recipe
If you are looking for more sweet or savory sauce recipes, here are a few to help you start
- 4-Ingredient Simple Lemon Curd Recipe
- Red Chili Hot Sauce Recipe
- Best Homemade Green Chili Hot Sauce Recipe
Have you tried this recipe? I would love to hear about it.
Tag me on Instagram @priyankabhattacharya.sa or Facebook @hashdiaries and I will share it further.
Indulge in the irresistible flavors of homemade mango coulis with our easy-to-follow recipe. Discover the secret to creating a luscious and tangy sauce that complements a variety of desserts. Make your culinary creations even more delightful with this popular mango coulis recipe
- 2 Ripened Mangoes
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
To start, peel the ripe mangoes and remove the flesh. Chop the mango flesh into small pieces and blend it until you achieve a smooth and consistent puree.
In a nonstick saucepan, combine the mango puree, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Stir the mixture gently to dissolve the sugar. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer.
Turn off the heat and allow it to cool down completely before storing it in an airtight jar for a week.