This Bengali-style paka kodbel makha or wood apple chutney is a classic chutney recipe that uses the fleshy pulp of কদবেল or wood apple mixed with a generous helping of mustard oil with salt and chopped green chilies. The game changer here is chopped coriander leaves which give it a fresh crunch with a hint of tang.
How to make Kodbel Makha – Ingredients list
- Wood Apple or Kodbel
- Salt & Sugar
- Mustard Oil
- Green Chilies
- Coriander Leaves
How to make কদবেল মাখা রেসিপি or Kodbel Bhorta Recipe – Step by Step Instructions
- Crack the Kodbel carefully using a hammer so that you get two equal halves. Separate the halves and carefully remove any smaller pieces of shell
- Now scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Again make sure you remove any smaller pieces of the shell caused by cracking the outer layer of kodbel or wood apple
- Mash the flesh making it smooth.
- Add Mustard Oil, Salt, Sugar, finely chopped green chilies, and coriander leaves. Give everything a good mix and store it in an airtight container. It stays well for 4-5 days in the refrigerator
Here are few more Chutney recipes from my Blog
- Bengali Tomato Chutney-Jelly Recipe
- Aam Jhol | Green Mango Curry Chutney
- Kancha Aamer Chatni/Chutney | Bengali Green Mango Chutney
- Indian Mint-Coriander Green Chutney Recipe
Have you tried this recipe? I would love to hear about it.
Tag me on Instagram @priyankabhattacharya.sa or Facebook @hashdiaries and I will share it further.