Tropical Garden Salad With Passion Fruit Hot Dressing
Sometime ago, I was fortunate to collaborate with a gourmet food brand which happened to have launched an amazing range of Spices & Sauces in India. The moment I saw those Hot Sauce Dressings in the hamper, I knew I had to make some Garden Salad recipes with them. This Green Salad recipe was perfect for summers, alas I could only manage time to write it down after it ended. Thankfully I jotted down the recipe, so here comes my super quick Tropical Garden Salad recipe with SPRIG Passion Fruit – Malagueta Hot Sauce
One thing that makes a salad interesting is its dressing. I mean who in their right mind would like to chew upon raw veggies, it ain’t me! But give me a bowl of veggies, nicely moistened with a salad dressing, and I could easily curl up in a corner with that bowl.
Wanna know my secret for the best garden salad dressing recipe?
Well, its simple actually. It should tick off each boxes for some sweet, a little bit of heat, fat, tang to balance out and seasoning. I know this all sounds very gibberish, so let me elaborate a bit.
I am not always in a mood to hunt down my pantry when I am making myself some salad. BECAUSE Salads are supposed to save us from elaborate chores, not the opposite. So, I pretty much grab whatever is within my arm’s reach and make a dressing out of it. So, I am listing out various things I use for the above mentioned elements in a perfect salad dressing.
- SWEET – Honey, Maple Syrup, Sugar,
- HEAT – Homemade Chili Sauce, Hot Sauce, Tabasco Sauce, Chili Oil, Chili Vinegar, Chili Flakes, Finely chopped Green Chilies
- FAT – Olive Oil, Mayonnaise, Butter, Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Cheese Spread
- TANG – Lemon Juice, Vinegar, Apple Cider Vinegar
- FLAVOUR – Dried Herbs, Finely chopped Coriander leaves, Barbecue Sauce
- SEASONING – Salt & Pepper, Soy Sauce, Fish Sauce, Oyster Sauce
Now, I am not always using all of them for a salad dressing. Its like a permutation combination game. Some of the combinations for simple salad dressing recipe would be:
- Honey + Chili Oil + Dried Herbs + Chopped Coriander Leaves + Salt & Pepper
- Mayonnaise + Olive Oil + Homemade Chili Sauce + Maple Syrup + Dried Oregano flakes
- …and so on!
As a food blogger, I often get opportunity to work with brands which are offering premium gourmet products. But there are only few who I have chosen to stick to because I have always believed in their products and its quality. I can NEVER compromise on the quality of ingredients that goes into the food I make and serve to my family.
And, I think of the same for my readers as well. That is why I choose to work with very few clients who understand my mantra! Won’t deny that this might not be a very good decision, business wise. BUT not everything can be thought in the monetary terms, right?
About SPRIG – Passion Fruit Malagueta Pepper Hot and Sweet Sauce
Malagueta pepper is a type of chili widely popular in Brazil, Caribbean, Portugal, and Mozambique. This small, tapered, green pepper scores a heat range of 60,000 to 100,000 Scoville units. Malagueta pepper is very commonly used as a condiment in restaurants throughout the South America. Here, combined with Passion fruit, which is again native to southern Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay, we get a distinctive hot and sweet sauce which makes amazing salad dressings for summers.
As I mentioned before I collaborated with SPRIG Gourmet to create this recipe for their product, Passion Fruit Malagueta Pepper Hot & Sweet Sauce. This is a sponsored post. Since, I personally loved their product, I chose to share this here on my blog. You may buy it here.
In case you are wondering if you have to buy this product to try this recipe? Then, no! You may Honey + any Hot Sauce instead. The Salad would still turn out scrumptious and delicious.
📌 Pin this Tropical Garden Salad Recipe for later!
This Green Salad recipe is perfect for summers, with all its crunchiness and that delicious salad dressing.
- 1 bunch lettuce leaves cleaned – dried
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 cup green grapes
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp. Pepper
- 2 tbsp. SPRIG passion fruit – malagueta hot sauce
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
Combine the sauce, olive oil and apple cider vinegar and season them with salt & pepper. Whisk it till it is combined well.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all diced vegetables and grapes. Pour the sauce dressing and toss it well.
- On a serving platter, place the leaves of lettuce and place the salad mix on it. Pour the remaining dressing on the top.
- You may include some more varieties of fruits in this salad, like diced apple, papaya, black grapes, pineapple, etc.
- Serve chilled for best taste.