Flat 5-Minutes Quick & Easy Paneer Recipe!
If you are looking for quick, easy & simple paneer recipes, then nothing tops this. This is flat out the quickest recipe for paneer curry on my blog. All you need is a slab of fresh paneer and a handful of pantry staple spices to bring this dish together.
This Bengali recipe for paneer curry is vegetarian, gluten-free and nut-free, which can be easily modified into vegan by replacing paneer with tofu. You can watch the video of this quick & simple 5 mins paneer recipe below in the recipe card.
Did I shock you there? I know I am guilty of it because when I posted this Paneer Curry recipe on my Instagram, I had so many of my friends coming over with a sense of amazement. Is this possible? Can it be? Really?? These were the comments that flooded my post. But this is true. Like various other Bengali dishes, This one here uses very basic ingredients like seasonings and spices for a deliciously easy paneer recipe. As you might have noticed lately that I am sharing recipes that seldom go overboard in terms of ingredients.
My previous recipe of Orange Rice barely used 5 ingredients (I mean if you skip Salt & Sugar!)
How to make this 5-Mins Quick & Easy Paneer Curry Recipe – Ingredients list
- Paneer or Fresh Indian Cottage Cheese – alternate would be Tofu or any alternate vegan cheese
- Whole Spices like Cumin Seeds, dry Bay Leaf
- Hing or Asafoetida – omit if unavailable
- Powdered Spices like Turmeric Powder, Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder
- Garam Masala Powder
- Dry Fenugreek Leaves
- Fresh Coriander Leaves or Cilantro for garnish
Detailed recipe for this 5 minutes simple paneer curry recipe
- Take 2-3 tbsp of water in a bowl. Add all the dried powdered spices in it, like turmeric, Red chilli powder, cumin, coriander, garam masala along with grated ginger and kasuri methi. Give it a stir and let it soak.
- Now, heat oil in a pan. We have used Mustard Oil here, you may however use any other oil at your convenience to make this simple paneer recipe. As it heats up, bring down the heat and temper it with bay leaf, cumin seeds and asafoetida or hing. Hing is a very strong spice here. It aids digestion and helps reduce bloating. However, if you do not prefer it or don’t have it in your pantry, feel free to skip it
- Now, add the green chillies and the spice mix. Here I would like to tell you that use your judgement in case of chillies. If you prefer heat and can handle spicy food, then be as liberal as you want. Otherwise, do not cut or slice them and leave them whole. In this way, you will get the flavour but not the heat in this simple & easy paneer recipe. Fry the mix on medium heat for a minute or two, before adding the boiled potato cubes and paneer cubes.
- Add the water and season it with salt and sugar.
- Cover the pan with its lid and allow it to simmer for 2 minutes, not more than that. Overcooked Paneer often becomes chewy.
- Turn off the heat and add some chopped fresh coriander leaves before serving.
Why this simple 5 minutes Paneer recipe is perfect for you?
I am actually THAT desperate in my lookout for quick & easy paneer recipes. And this niramish simple paneer recipe in Bengali style fits the bill perfectly.
I know it’s a struggle for those like ourselves who lead a busy life, juggling a demanding career and home with kids. Cooking at home and eating healthy often takes a backseat. The solution is most often, if not, becomes eating out or relying on takeaways!
Breaking that barrier to my kitchen has always my priority. Cooking should not necessarily mean elaborate and long hours of prepping and stirring the pot.
- So, here’s another of my attempts to limit my minutes in the kitchen. Check out this super simple Paneer Curry here. It’s Gluten-Free, Vegetarian (No-Onion, No-Garlic) and super quick in coming together.
- This paneer curry without tomato is perfect for those who have dietary restrictions. In fact, this paneer curry recipe is perfect for weight-watchers. It has no cream, butter, or richness in terms of nuts & seeds.
- If you are trying to incorporate more protein in your diet without carbs or fat, then this out of different paneer recipes should be on the top of your list
- This simple paneer recipe is perfect as a side dish to both rotis as well as rice.
Looking for a list of quick & easy Paneer Dishes List? Check these out
- Dhaba style Paneer Butter Masala
- Palak Paneer
- Badami Paneer Korma in white gravy
- Badami Malai Kofta Curry
- Bengali Chanar Dalna
- Paneer Pakora
- Narkel Shorshe diye Chana Bhapa Recipe
- Honey Chilli Paneer
- Paneer Egg Bhurji
Have you tried this recipe? I would love to hear about it.
Tag me on Instagram @priyankabhattacharya.sa or Facebook @hashdiaries and I will share it further.
This super quick and easy Paneer Curry recipe uses ingredients that you can count on your fingertips. If you are looking for quick & easy paneer recipes, then nothing tops this. This is flat out the quickest recipe of paneer on my blog. All you need is a slab of fresh paneer and a handful of pantry staple spices to bring this dish together. This is a vegetarian, gluten-free and nut-free recipe, which can be easily modified into vegan by replacing paneer with tofu.
- 200 gms Paneer Cut in cubes
- 2 Potatoes Medium, Boiled
- 1.5 inch Ginger Grated or Paste
- 1/2 tsp Jeera or Cumin Seeds
- 1 Dried Bay Leaf
- 2 Green Chilies Slit in halves
- 1/4 tsp Hing or Asafoetida
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder For colour
- 1.5 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- A pinch of Kasuri Methi or Fenugreek leaves
Take 2-3 tbsp of water in a bowl. Add all the dried powdered spices in it, like turmeric, Red chili powder, cumin, coriander, garam masala alongwith grated ginger and kasuri methi. Give it a stir and let it soak.
Now, heat oil in a pan and temper it with bay leaf, cumin seeds and asafoetida or hing.
Now, add the green chillies and the spice mix. Fry this on medium heat for a minute or two, before adding the potato and paneer cubes.
Add the water and season it with Salt and sugar.
Cover the pan with its lid and allow it to simmer for 2 minutes, not more than that. Over cooked Paneer often becomes chewy.
Turn off the heat and add some chopped fresh Coriander leaves before serving.